Sunday 7 April 2013

Time out is for thinking, working and exciting things...

Hello :)

So it's been two months pretty much to the day that I've felt the want to write a blog.

Boo! Major time out.

Time out is for working...

I have finished my tour with the wonderful Zest Theatre so I am no longer acting as a teenage boy every day, which is, admittedly very very sad... 'Deano' is absolutely one of the best characters to get into I have ever done.

The tour was intense and incredible, and our cast have definitely been one of the closest so far. Mister Ed Carfrae, actor and excellent stand up comic (left) and Mister Joe Murray actor and all time great singer-songwriter (right).
WATCH OUT FOR THESE GUYS!
Also follow them on twitter to see what they're upto next...
@EdCarfrae  @JosephDMurray



In parallel to the tour, I have been working with the Zest team on a very exciting new project that I'll be involved in later this year ...it's called GATECRASH and it will be a piece of theatre to remember.
This will be Zest's debut piece of theatre to take place in theatre venues as opposed to educational venues and it will be for an audience of anyone over the age of 12. Check out the website for more details...but make sure you see this...there's talk of a big tour next year.

www.zesttheatre.com


Time out is for thinking...

Thinking is definitely one of my most favourite things to do at the best and worst of times, and I have certainly been doing a lot of it over the last couple of months. It's been very difficult for personal reasons and has really tested me through and through. I think the main thing Ive realised through a lot of sadness and confusion is that I am grateful. I am grateful that I have some truly wonderful friends and people in my life; and although I do not have a lot of material things, I do have a lot of love from people. So with out wanting to sound too hippy, although I am finding some things extremely difficult, I am truly grateful for the love and support that has been shown to me and I am feeling more creative than ever.



I miss my piano when I work away. It was strange to come back to my home town and know that I can go to the piano whenever I wanted. So after having been back for a week, I am getting back into the habit of playing every day, I feel some songs coming very soon... I have also been listening to the wonderful  Bjork recently too; I'd like to think that although we don't or can't meet some of our favourite artists and people who inspire us, that they are unconditionally our friends through our appreciation for their work. So I'd like to share this beautiful song of hers and hope that it makes you feel like the picture shown above... regardless of what ever you are feeling at this moment
 ^ a happy sun in a grey sky.
What a deliciously gorgeous video directed by Chris Cunningham to compliment this piece too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjI2J2SQ528


Time out is for exciting things...

The Gatecrash project with Zest already being very exciting for me, there are a couple of other personal things that are exciting too, here's one of them. My video art collaboration 'Fine Line' made with Katie Ness will be shown on loop from 12th - 14th APRIL at the Newquay Art8 festival next week. (I will blog a separate post for this shortly) which will be a great opportunity for me to hear some comments and also more importantly network with some other artists. The festival runs from 11th - 18th APRIL  and will have all kinds of art, from performance to poetry to hands on creating for everyone to take part in. If you are reading this and thinking about taking a weekend away (whatever day your respective 'weekends' are) then please do come along to this festival and come and check out Fine Line, I would love to hear your comments.



Preview Fine Line here, but come and see it on the big screen too! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHik8i3F8cc

I will update you soon, as always thank you for reading. I will leave you with something I photographed as I was walking back to my van after a hard day on tour and a long thought provoking chat with Ed in Lincoln. It made me smile.



Lots of love folks
<3





No comments:

Post a Comment